FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
I could spend an hour telling you why investing in cash flow properties is a great addition to your portfolio, but here are some of the highlights:
- Your investment is backed by a valuable asset. There will always be value in the land and home, whereas companies you invest in may not be around next year.
- You get better returns than the stock market, and not as much volatility. The real estate market will go up and down, but your rental income will not see the same swings as the market itself.
- Monthly paychecks, or what we like to call mailbox money. Your rental income can provide monthly income that can supplement your retirement income, or even provide financial independence.
- Over time, your real estate investment will appreciate in value. History has shown us that the longer you hold your properties, the more money you will make. Even when you take into consideration the dips in housing value, real estate has proven to be a great long-term investment.
- Owning investments in real estate has many tax benefits. Mortgage interest, operating expenses and costs, property taxes, insurance and depreciation (even if the property gains value) and other benefits. We are not tax advisers, so check with your tax adviser to see if these will apply in your case.
This is our selection criteria:
- We invest in vibrant, working class neighborhoods with strong rental demand. In these communities, most people rent and so there will always be a demand for nice rentals.
- We must get them at a discount to ensure positive cash flow, even after all monthly expenses have been paid.
- Return on investment must be strong. We want these properties to add to your long-term net worth.
- Each property is one that we would invest in ourselves.
No. We have an amazing property manager that we work with that will act as the middle man so you won’t have to deal with late-night phone calls about a toilet leak or light that doesn’t work.
Yes. We do have options where you can earn a percentage on your money, and leave all the work to us. Contact us for details.
Yes, many of our properties can be financed at purchase. Contact us to get pre-qualified and to see if this is an option for you.
Yes, we find many properties that are perfect for flips. They are usually in nicer neighborhoods, and the ARV are anywhere from 100k to 450k.
This is not a question, but it’s a concern we hear a lot. We were the same way, we flipped houses in our backyard. But when the local housing prices made it impossible to find flips and cash flow properties, we had to think outside the box. We found an investor that is very successful in long distance investing, and he taught us how to do it. We still do deals together with him.
It’s going to take a mind shift, from only investing in homes that you walk through and touch, to investing in homes that you will never see. But once we show you our system, talk about our local, boots-on-the-ground team, and know how it all works, you will get more comfortable with it and even get to the point where you wonder why you didn’t start investing out of state sooner!